Author Topic: multiple auxiliary basis sets - $trunc option  (Read 7373 times)

klickklack

multiple auxiliary basis sets - $trunc option
« on: June 04, 2010, 08:56:16 AM »
Hello,

I tried the $trunc option in order to invoke a multiple auxiliary basis set calculation in the ridft module by just adding $trunc to the control file.

Somewhat surprisingly, my test calculation without the $trunc option was faster than the one with the $trunc option. 
What did I do wrong?

Is there more documentation for the $trunc option than the short note in the manual that it can be invoked?

Thanks for your help.

Arnim

• Developers
Re: multiple auxiliary basis sets - $trunc option
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 10:46:54 AM »
Hello,

if you switch on trunc in the last define menu, a data group
$truncated RI
is added to control and the $atoms data group is modified with litmax, e.g. like this
$atoms
o  1                                                                           \
   basis =o def-SV(P)                                                          \
   jbas  =o def-SV(P)                                                          \
   litmax=*
h  2-3                                                                         \
   basis =h def-SV(P)                                                          \
   jbas  =h def-SV(P)                                                          \
   litmax=*
For litmax you would have to insert the highest angular momentum from the auxiliar basis set, that should be used during the SCF cycles, e.g.
$atoms
o  1                                                                           \
   basis =o def-SV(P)                                                          \
   jbas  =o def-SV(P)                                                          \
   litmax=2
h  2-3                                                                         \
   basis =h def-SV(P)                                                          \
   jbas  =h def-SV(P)                                                          \
   litmax=1

With this it should run, but I am not sure, if this is really a useful.

Cheers,
Arnim

christof.haettig

• Global Moderator
    • Hattig's Group at the RUB
Re: multiple auxiliary basis sets - $trunc option
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 05:39:42 PM »
Can you report your problem (together with the input and output files) to your TURBOMOLE seller and ask them to forward it to the developer responsible for the $trunc option?

Regards,
Christof