Author Topic: Define + rlwrap  (Read 8035 times)

f.uhlig

Define + rlwrap
« on: December 17, 2010, 06:31:19 PM »
Dear all,

I am using Turbomole for quite a while and the usual "define" program to create jobs is fine by itself, but I found it to be even more convenient together with rlwrap (http://utopia.knoware.nl/~hlub/rlwrap/rlwrap.html). rlwrap uses the GNU readline library to wrap around the input line for a program and makes it available for user editing before the actual input to the program happens. This is very useful, because you can edit your input line, have a history of previously used commands, create autocompletion lists and so on...

My suggestion would be to either include it in the default Environment scripts for Turbomole (in bash notation):

rlwrap=$(which rlwrap)

if [ -x "$rlwrap" ];then
    alias define='rlwrap define;
fi

or to include it similarly into the code of define somehow (honestly not sure how exactly, but could maybe done with some INQUIRE statement for the location of the executable as in the bash example).
I have my own list of autocompletions which is certainly not near to being complete. I post it for testing at the bottom of the thread. The default location to use it with "rlwrap" is $HOME/.define_completions

Best regards,

Frank Uhlig

content of my $HOME/.define_completions:

a-z
all
aug
cbas
cc
coord
def2
denconv
dft