Author Topic: Hyperfine Coupling Interaction Decomposition  (Read 2739 times)

jcardol

Hyperfine Coupling Interaction Decomposition
« on: November 03, 2023, 01:13:12 PM »
Dear Turbomole Users,

I was wondering if there is an option to break down the Hyperfine Coupling into its different interaction components, mainly FC (Fermi Contact) Interaction and SD (Spin-Dipole) Interaction, so that it is printed in the output file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  :D

Best Regards!

- Joan

yannickf

Re: Hyperfine Coupling Interaction Decomposition
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2023, 11:28:27 AM »
Dear Joan,

this is a very late reply. But I would stil like to answer your questions. In the two-component implementation in ridft (DOI: 10.1021/acs.jctc.1c01027), we can only partition the tensor into the scalar-relativistic contribution and the spin-orbit part. The latter corresponds to the paramagnetic spin-orbit term, which can also be calculated via perturbation theory in mpshift (DOI: 10.1021/acs.jpca.2c03579) in a non-relativistic framework or the X2C framework. The scalar-relativistic part describes both the FC and the SD term. Unfortunately, these are coupled in X2C, see DOI: 10.1021/acs.jpca.1c07793. The FC term is mainly the result on the diagonal of the scalar-relativistic tensor. However, the FC+SD can only be fully decoupled in the non-relativistic limit. Then, you can separate them by integration by parts after summing the Dirac small-large and large-small part.

If you have access to V7.7, you can also use mpshift for the EPR properties. I have ported all EPR capabilities to this module and added some features for user-friendliness.

Best and happy holidays,

Yannick