TmoleX - Graphical User Interface > TmoleX - general topics

Unstable TMolex Client

(1/2) > >>

prasanta13:
The Tmolex v4.5.3 for linux (in Mint) becomes very unstable. I open it, sometime it hangs up right there, or even it opens, when I try to open a project or make a new project, it closes automatically.

Any help?
Also, Could you tell me how to set up the job for  $response under the CC2 module in TMolex? Even it can be done or not.

Thanks in advance.

prasanta13:
Again, using Tmolex 4.5.3, when I try to visualize molecule, It shows Java exception error. I have sent the error message to turbomole@cosmologic.de but no updates nor reply was received. Are there any other ways to make the software stable?

uwe:
Hi,

try to set

export LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1
export MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=2.1

in your shell and then start TmoleX from there. The 3D viewer/builder uses OpenGL and in cases the graphics card drivers do not report to be able to provide certain OpenGL versions, the settings above should solve that problem.

prasanta13:
I could not start the program from terminal, this is why I took help from linux forums. It suggested I open the TmoleX19.desktop file by gio-open, gtk-launch, xdg-open, gvfs open etc which also failed.
In my /home/mslab/COSMOlogic/TmoleX19 this .desktop file remains. However, inside that directory, there also remains a directory Tmolex inside which a TmoleX19 file (POSIZ shell script) remains which can be opened by sh command.

Upon suggestion from ubuntu forums, I changed the file content of .desktop as,

--- Code: ---Exec="/home/mslab/COSMOlogic/TmoleX19/TmoleX/TmoleX19"
--- End code ---
to

--- Code: ---Exec=env LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1 MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=2.1 "/home/mslab/COSMOlogic/TmoleX19/TmoleX/TmoleX19"
--- End code ---

However, same error occurred. Any hint or where I have made a mistake from your expert eyes?

uwe:
Hello,

do you use the Linux desktop directly or is it a remote machine and the desktop is displayed on your local system using X11 or VNC or any other remote desktop software?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version