Author Topic: Deleted Desktop  (Read 5545 times)

jenniferbjorklund

Deleted Desktop
« on: February 19, 2018, 08:12:25 PM »
Hi there,

I've run into this problem twice now, and I didn't see anything mentioned about it on the forums so I wanted to share.

When I import a control file from my desktop, and I go to delete it in TMoleX, I am prompted if I want to remove all of the files in the directory that my control file is. Unthinking, I have clicked yes and this has caused me to delete my entire desktop, including programs open on it. I have not been able to recover the files that were deleted. I wanted to post this as a word of caution, but if anyone has any suggestions on how to recover my files, I would be eternally grateful!

uwe

• Global Moderator
Re: Deleted Desktop
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 11:46:11 AM »
Hi,

sorry to hear that.

Please use a newer version of TmoleX (at least 4.3 which was released 2017) to avoid such problems. The 4.3 version introduced project and job management, such that jobs can be copied to or moved between different projects. To avoid conflicts with data on external disks, opening or importing a control file will now result in a local copy of the data in your project directory. So deleting jobs will always happen in your projects and the original data will not be modified or removed.

Regards,

Uwe